Some new screenshots just to show the progress. We added class icons near the health bar that helps discern pawns while we have no characters design. Flora from a free open world demo collection makes the picture look really nice. The basic game process in “hot-seat” mode is already done and we are making a small video that will show it. We hope to upload it soon.
So, we started making our first game on the Unreal Engine 4. This engine is great and flexible. There are many training videos on YouTube, detailed documentation, and some staff on the marketplace that, we hope, will help us to create a playable alpha version this year.
About the game. It will be a turn-based online tactical combat arena game. It’s something like XCOM tactical mode or battles in old isometric Fallout, but with some valuable differences:
– Simple rules. Three minutes and you are in game
– You can hire and dismiss units during the battle
– Very quick initial squad pickup. No tuning. Just hire and rush into the battle in ten seconds
– Quick battles that lasts 10-15 minutes
– 2×2 and 3×3 battles with unique team features
– Interactive environment. Enemy archer hiding in the house? Close the door and burn it!